International Students

 The University of Cape Town gets medical students from across the world doing rotations at the various hospitals in town including the one I am at. As a result of this, I have met other medical students from a variety of different countries across the world. I have spent a lot of my time with a student from Italy and a surgical resident from Spain. Over the short time we have been here we have formed close friendships with on another that I know will last a lifetime. We have also had a number of conversations over differences in healthcare, culture, and our perspectives on issues across the world. These conversations have deepened my insight and greatly broadened my perspective helping me become a more thoughtful and rounded individual. Most of all I have been able to spend time with truly wonderful people creating memories I will cherish for my entire life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Learned

Post-rotation

Pediatric Surgery